The KES Water Polo Tournament of 2019 took place 1 – 3 March. 16 Schools across South Africa took part in this annual event and the spirit shared among the players, passion for the sport and support from friends, families and old boys resulted in a great weekend for all!
MESSAGE FROM THE HEADMASTER
It is my pleasant task to welcome all the visiting schools, coaches, parents, principals and supporters to participate and enjoy this Tournament with us. This year we are honouring Roley Wright the founder of the Edwardian Cup. Roley sadly passed away on Monday, 28 January 2019. Roley`s family will be joining us on Sunday to make the very first presentation of the Roley Wright Trophy.
We are again privileged to play host to the finest Water Polo schools in the country and to be treated to schoolboy Water Polo at its best. The King Edward VII Staff, Eugene Marx our Sports Director, Ryan van Rensburg Master in Charge of Water Polo who have worked relentlessly to bring about another enjoyable sporting weekend, Ms Derron van Eeden the event’s organizer, as well as Mr Guy Pinker for organizing the referees have all provided invaluable advice and support to ensure this event remains the most prestigious Water Polo tournament on the South African
Schools’ calendar. This is usually a combined effort by host and participants which collectively ensures all runs smoothly. I thank each contributor for their input.
To conclude, I also thank our sponsors, Spur, Conti, Mrs Anne Vilas for her constant and much appreciated support of our School.
Have a most enjoyable tournament!
- St John’s College
- St Stithians College
- Bishops Diocesan College
- Jeppe High School for Boys’
- Clifton School
- Rondebosch Boys’
- Grey College
- St Andrew’s College
- Westville Boys’
- Pretoria Boys’
- Hilton College
- King Edward VII School
- Maritzburg College
- Wynberg Boys’
- Parktown Boys’
- Edwardian Trophy – South African College High School (SACS)
- Fair Play Trophy – South African College High School (SACS)
- Watt-Pringle Trophy – St Andrew’s College
- Roley Wright Trophy – Jordan Thomas (SACS)
- Guy Pinker Trophy – Liam Dawson (SACS)
- Liam Dawson – SACS
- Sam Elliott – Bishops
- Troy Fisher – Rondebosch Boys’
- Mike Ford – Bishops
- Cameron Hobbs – St Stithians College
- Ricky King – Grey High School
- Oliver Krynauw – St John’s College
- Kelvin Kuperus – Jeppe High School For Boys
- James Norman – St John’s College
- Ayrton Psannis – Clifton School
- Luke – Sawlaws – St John’s College
- Jordan Thomas – SACS
- Sebastian Williams – SACS